Monday, July 13, 2009

VACATION Part 1

Landed in Chicago on July 3rd, only to discover that my luggage did not make it on the flight from Houston to Midway (although strangely enough, Justin's luggage DID...) I channeled my friend Megan (who this happened to when she flew out to LA for a visit) and had a very good attitude about the whole thing....for the first 6 hours at least. Then Continental informed me that my luggage had been given to a private delivery service and would arrive at the hotel in the next hour... 2 hours later, still no luggage. ARGH. It ended up being delivered to our hotel at about 2 in the morning though, so it all ended well.

While we were in Chicago we met up with Amy and Charlie (good friends from our Michigan days) and went down to the Taste of Chicago. Super crazy, super fun. Then came back to the hotel for a swim (well, not me being that I didn't have my luggage) and some good quality hang-out time. Got up the next morning and had awesome breakfast at the Corner Bakery (soo good!) and then Justin and I drove our rental car to Moline where we met my folks.

Here are some pictures of our time with Amy and Charlie- the "Bean" was right down by the Taste so we went for a look- surprisingly I had never seen it before- it's pretty cool as you can see but I'm not sure about it's purpose...add it to Governor Blagojevich's list of mishaps I guess! Taxpayer money well spent?

No comments: