Friday, August 2, 2013

The End

Went for our sonogram today and the baby no longer has a heartbeat.  Game over.

I came out of the appointment and as I headed to labor and delivery, after calling my mom, I texted JoAnn, Katherine and Marissa this message:

"Sorry guys, this is a horrible thing to text but I can't talk right now and I wanted you to know- no heartbeat.  I'm on my way to labor and delivery to get induced and deliver a dead baby.  I'll call when I can."

In that moment I was sad but also pretty scared and not looking forward to having to go through the labor process.  I think it's possibly the meanest part of this- I'm on the labor and delivery floor with all these other moms that are delivering healthy babies and I have to deliver a 16 week old fetus.  It feels mean and I really don't want to.

I was comforted by JoAnn's immediate response:
"I'm so sorry.  I love you and you can do this. I'm praying"

She knew right away that I needed to hear that encouragement.  She knows I'm scared and for some reason, that was comforting.

Keep praying friends- we need it.  Marissa summed it up in her response:
"My heart is broken."

Mine too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so very sorry to read this. Oh dear one, know you are loved. God will provide and now rest and try to rejuvinate. I am sending you every good wish to have your prayers answered. God bless you. Kitty