Thursday, September 27, 2007

Return to the working world....

I FINALLY returned to the working world! Today was my first day at Softshare! I am an internet researcher/receptionist. It's not rocket science, but I have to say it is a little overwhelming to learn who everyone is and how to transfer calls and take messages etc. I got to use the "training headset" and listen in on calls that my co-worker took. I have to say, those training headsets are pretty sweet- I need one of those for home so that I don't have to drive Justin nuts by asking him what he was talking about on the phone! I could just listen in!!

Last night I told my homegroup* that I was starting today and my homegroup leaders were like "That's a great place to work!!" Always nice to hear! They have a "Bring your dog to work" policy and Monday's are "Bagel Day", Wednesdays are "Fruit Day" and Fridays are "Pastry Day"- and on each of these days, said items are provided for staff!! I think I"m going to like it there! :) They also have a softball team and every Friday they do something active together as a staff (probably to work off the pastries!). Unfortunately, I probably won't get to do the Friday activity b/c I'm only part-time. I'll just have to go home and be active!

All in all, it's a pretty cool schedule. M-F 8:00-1:00, and then MW I work with the children's chorus from 3:00-6ish. So, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays I am off by 1:00- nice deal! Now, I just have to get used to going to bed at a decent hour again!

*Homegroup is a Wednesday night bible study that Justin and I are doing through our new church- Santa Barbara Community Church.

1 comment:

cbrummer said...

The pictures are beautiful! I'm glad you two are getting settled so well - a lot easier this time around! The job sounds like a blast and you now have a bunch of different people groups to get to know - can't wait to visit in MArch! Love you

mom