Sunday, February 24, 2008

5k in the RAIN

We are experiencing a bout of lovely Santa Barbara "winter" weather- which basically means the"rainy season". Unfortunately, this morning was a particularly rainy one- which would have been nice if I could sleep in BUT my boss (Tracey) and I signed up for a 5k!!

The 5k was called "Roses to La Playa". We started at 8:00 AM in the POURING RAIN!! We ran down State st. from Pedregosa to the finish line at Ledbetter Beach. Here's a look at the hoopla at the finish line:

It actually wasn't that bad and the run felt really good. I finished in 28:16 which is pretty good for me. Here's a couple pictures- one of Tracey and I and one with our other co-worker who also ran it- but not with us. You'll notice that we are SOAKED and my shirt in particular seemed to grow when wet!



Justin and I are hoping to run a 10 mile race in April, and then maybe the Bix when we are home in July!






1 comment:

megan.moeller said...

Nice run Rachie! I haven't run outside since November. don't you dare complain about the rain - you know what its doing in IOWA! I cruise your blog as its bookmarked in my 'faves' - keep it up - always fun to see what you're up to! -Megan