Monday, April 21, 2008

Lookin' Good

Wow, Seriously. I mean, I know 10 miles is a long way, but do I have to look this hideous??! I look like I'm about to keel over! I seriously think that at the time, I felt better than I looked!


For the first time in a long time I realized the blessing that is my mother-in-law's delicious post-Bix feast. My mother-in-law always cooks this huge feast after the Bix and since I haven't run it since 2002 I had forgotten how important it is! After this 10 miler I was seriously missing having someone to cook a feast for us! I literally came home, took a shower, and passed out. Exhaustion! I am proud to say that we did it in 90 minutes, my awesome husband stayed with me the entire time (broken thumb to boot!) and I never even thought of stopping to walk. But I sure do miss 'Nita's pancakes!!!

5 comments:

cbrummer said...

I am so proud of the both of you! I think you are very smart to make the most of your time in California - you certainly won't be running races in Iowa this time of year!

Mom

cbrummer said...

I am so proud of the both of you! I think you are very smart to make the most of your time in California - you certainly won't be running races in Iowa this time of year!

Mom

megan.moeller said...

You are a running fool! 9 min miles is ridiculous! NICE WORK!

Megan said...

Way to go!!!

Aaron said...

well done!