Tuesday, July 1, 2008

SWAMPED!!

The last two days have been the busiest ever for work! I feel exhausted when I get home because we are so busy with calls and emails etc. all day long! The good news is we got our car back and we only had to pay a little over half on our deductible! Hooray!

**If you didn't know, Justin crashed our car a couple of weeks ago (everyone was fine) and we were without a car for 13 days- major bummer!!

I can't believe how much I missed having a car. Then today, I get in it to drive to work and what do I hear on NPR?? The new cell-phone law goes into effect TODAY. No driving and talking on your cell phone unless you have hands-free. Argh!! I do most of my cell phone talking in the car! I know, I know, people always say it is dangerous. But I haven't been in a car accident since I was 16 and I certainly was NOT talking on a cell phone at the time!

Not much else going on here. I'm looking forward to the three day weekend this weekend- especially considering how busy it's been at work. I need some rest! We don't really have any plans but I know that they are having fireworks at the beach. Not surprisingly, several California cities have cancelled their fireworks- money and fire concerns. I think San Diego was actually one of them. I think I heard something like upwards of $40,000 will be saved by NOT having their city fireworks display. I think for $40,000 saved it would definitely be worth it- especially considering the state of things here in California! I mean seriously, they had to implement a law about driving and talking on your cell phone. Sure they say it was about safety, but I wouldn't be surprised if it brings in a lot of revenue for the state of California!

I gotta get back to the midwest.

No comments: