Saturday, October 3, 2009

Home Alone!


It's only until tomorrow but it feels kind of strange! Justin went on a "Philosovacation" with a couple of other guys from the department. One of them has a family cabin up in the mountains about 3 hours south of Santa Barbara and they're all going there to get some quiet, focused study time in....I know what you're thinking- yeah right, study time! Actually, with this group, it's unlikely that it will get much more exciting than a lively debate over dualism (don't ask, I just know they've been debating it). Justin did crack me up the other day though when I asked if he needed cash for his trip and he said "Yeah- can you make sure and get me a lot of 1's?" (If you don't get it, I'm not explaining it, but coming from Justin it was hilarious being that it's so far outside the realm of possibilty.)

Favorite quote of the day from yesterday: I had my advanced ensemble go around the room and introduce themselves at the first rehearsal and tell the group something they like to do besides play the violin/viola/cello. One little girl says "I like eating ice cream on sunny days". Cute.

1 comment:

cbrummer said...

ok - I don't get the 1's........cuz he's not exactly a big spender???

Did ya catch the hawks on Saturday? Miss you