Saturday, March 19, 2011

WAY TOO SHORT....but sweet

Mom came to visit last Saturday and left Thursday. I was not ready for her to go back to Iowa! I LOVE MY MOM! We had a lovely time- a spa day that included a massage and a facial, wine tasting and even a Segway tour! She also came to school with me Tuesday-Thursday which was really nice. It's lonely sometimes being a music teacher in an elementary school- there are rarely other adults in your classroom so it's nice to have someone (especially another music teacher!) observe and comment. Friday morning, the day after she left, I got up and made my breakfast and accidentally cooked two eggs as I had the previous mornings when I was cooking for mom- it made me sad. I'm really lucky to have a mom that I love being with. During one of our conversations while she was here she asked me if I have any friends that I talk to every day - I was like "um, you!" My mom is my best friend.

And since I'm already on the verge of tears just writing this, I have to bring up the book she gave me which had me in tears just looking at the cover:
She claims that she found it "hopeful" but I told her that it's sad. Mom, I love you, and any book that ends with the main character thinking about her deceased mother is NOT a hopeful book for me! :) But I know what you meant.

Now I'm crying. Over and out.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Oh my sister. You almost made me cry reading this stuff. Where's the funny stories about your/Justin's students?

Love you!

A

cbrummer said...

So glad you are posting again - almost missed these last two as I got out of the habit of checking. Love you so much honey - can't wait till summer when you guys are in Iowa again.

RobinG said...

Awww, I just love the relationship you have with your mom. You guys are so awesome!

Love you all so very much. :-)