Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Welcome to the 60 hour week!!

That's what Steve (the other director of the Santa Barbara Children's Chorus) said when I told him that I was offered full-time at Softshare. My DAD said "Welcome to the REAL WORLD!" He's referring to the fact that I had three and a half months of vacation and when I DID go back to work I was only working about 33 hours a week. It won't be 60 now- more like 50- but definately a shock to the system. It's a GOOD thing though. More cash, insurance benefits, paid time off....insurance benefits....insurance benefits....

Today I realized just how badly I need health insurance when I tripped and fell TWICE during my run this afternoon. Yes, fell to the ground (that was Justin's clarification). Yes TWICE. I went for a run after work at Softshare downtown- between work and Spanish class*. The first fall went unnoticed but the second time a guy was running towards me when I hit the deck (I would have been embarrassed if I wasn't so busy being confounded as to how I managed to fall TWICE). One of those times it felt like I jammed my arms up into my shoulder sockets....I'm probably going to be sore tomorrow. When do those benefits kick in??!!

*Softshare has set up a once-a-week Spanish class for any interested employees to attend. Hay muchas personas que hablan espanol en California y yo quiero hablan con ellos y entonces yo fui a la clase de espanol este dia.

No comments: