Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to IC

I know I'm not going to do my trip justice here on my blog. Our trip back to IC was awesome- exactly what the doctor ordered!! I am so blessed to have such amazing parents that at the age of 28 I can suffer from SEVERE homesickness. It was so awesome to see my family and spend quality time together. Eating, talking, playing games, going for walks- we made every minute count! We hit Brueggers 4 times!! Yay for bagels! Here's a little picture to give those of you who have never been to Brueggers a visual:

We did a little touring of the flooding damage which was CRAZY sad- the arts campus was completely destroyed. The music and art buildings aren't even going to open this fall-they're holding all of the art classes in the old Menards building- weird.

I also ate delicious Mexican food at Carlos- here are some pictures of our dinner at Carlos' with my fam:

We basically spent a lot of quality time with the family. My mom, Megan and I went for pedicures- they were quite a bit less eventfull than the pedicure in Santa Barbara the week before (thank goodness) but always good fun. I greatly enjoyed sleeping in an air conditioned house (thanks for that Mom and Dad!) We celebrated my birthday early with delicious homemade pizza (compliments of my Dad and brother) and red-velvet cake (compliments of my sister-in-law Megan) Being the food lover I am, I actually took pictures of this delicious birthday food:


The trip was everything I hoped it would be. I miss my family like crazy but I feel like we're in the place we should be- we just shouldn't wait so long in between visits next time!!

No comments: