Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We Had a Break-In!!

We arrived home from Iowa (it was hard to leave) to discover our apartment had been broken into. The burglers left a note... well more like a banner... welcoming us home... ok, these weren't ordinary burglers, they were actually our friend's Stacey and Marissa and they made us feel VERY loved by creating and then hanging this awesome banner:


I had to include this close-up because they referenced my blogging habits! :)
This big banner reminded us what we were coming home to. I had been a little depressed about coming back from Iowa and this banner totally cheered me up and made me feel VERY loved. It's so awesome how God provides family for you, even when you are so far away from your "technical" family. But that's not even the funniest part. So I was thinking- "Oh, they probably got the spare key from our neighbors, and that's how they got in to our apartment" I went on thinking this for two days and then I found out that no, they didn't actually get the spare key, they BROKE IN BY REMOVING THE SCREEN AND CLIMBING THROUGH THE PARTIALLY OPEN WINDOW!! Seriously, burgler style. Wow, do I feel safe! :) I probably wouldn't include these details except that I know that we're moving this weekend to a second story apartment.... Stacey and Marissa better invest in a ladder for next time! :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! You had a lot to blog about!!! It is definitely overwhelming when you have lots of pictures - I get really annoyed with blogger when it won't upload the pictures! We had a lot of fun getting to see both of you twice this summer! I think we will have to make it back out to Santa Barbara again especially since you are moving into a new place!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.