Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Anticipation is KILLING Me!!!!

Ten days from now I will be in Iowa City. Eight days from now we start our journey- we leave Santa Barbara Thursday night 7/2 and head down to Orange County where we will spend the night at the Marriott and then fly out of SNA bright and early on 7/3. We fly into Chicago where we're renting a car meeting up with our friends from Michigan- Amy and Charlie- and going to see the fireworks at the Taste of Chicago and then spending the night in another Marriott that night (thanks to my AWESOME bro for the "friends and family" discount!!). Then Saturday (the Fourth of July!) we're driving our rental car to Iowa where we will return it and be picked up by my family- at which point I will personally be feeling a mixture of elation and relief!
To top it all off we're going to be pulling into IC just in time for Jazz Fest! SO awesome.
My mind is REELING with all the things I miss from home....and all the things I plan to do when I'm there! I can't wait to see our families and enjoy the REAL summer weather. And of course, eat all the yummy food from all the places I miss that we don't have out here.
I
CAN'T
WAIT!!!!

2 comments:

cbrummer said...

I love it when you blog - makes me smile! Love you = can't wait to see you!

Megan said...

We can't wait to see you!! Hopefully this baby cooperates so he is here when you get here!