Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gospel, SLEEP and BABIES!!!

That's pretty much my weekend in three words.

Friday night Justin and I had a date night and went to hear the UCSB gospel choir. It was fun- a little unusual, but fun. The unusual parts: it started 25 minutes late, hot dogs were sold at intermission (even though it was an actual concert, at night, in a recital hall), and the director took about 20 minutes of the concert to introduce all of his family and friends who were sitting in the audience...even bringing his wife onstage to give her flowers and to tell her: "Baby, flowers die, but my love for you never will".....hmmm, interesting! Not exactly what I expected but it was fun to see the students totally singing their hearts out and we decided it was still cool that we did something other than go out for dinner like usual.

I put SLEEP in the title because last week I slept like garbage-which is really unusual for me and I'm not really sure what caused it- but I was in dire need of some catchup sleep this weekend and ended up sleeping about 23 hours combined between Friday and Saturday nights. I am feeling very rested. :)

And of course BABIES: Got to do some baby shopping yesterday for a baby shower that I went to today for a friend of ours in the Philosophy department and of course I couldn't resist picking up some more items for my soon-to-be-here nephew (who, incidentally also had a baby shower tonight back in Iowa). I can't wait to spoil him but I need to remember that anything I buy will have to fit in my suitcase! Thanks to Stacy D. for the ideas- I emailed her this week to find out what she's gotten since her little girl was born (less than 2 months ago) and feels she couldn't live without. On her recommendation I got Baby-boy Brummer a four-pack of these awesome swaddling blankets that are really nice- she says they are the best ones that they have used and the best part is that they are really breathable and lightweight which will be good for a summer baby! Also they are supposed to reduce the risk of SIDS, colic and fussiness (not sure what kind of study proves that but I definitely will take the recommendation of new mommies!) Hopefully Baby-boy Brummer will like his fancy California swaddling blankets :)

No comments: