Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Denver!


We had a great trip to Denver over the weekend! Right around Justin's birthday I had gotten an email alert about cheap airfare Santa Barbara to Denver. We had to travel by 6/15 so we went ahead and went for the weekend- it was totally worth it! As you can see Audrey is getting SO big! She loves to go through my purse, try on my necklace and sunglasses and even pretend to put on makeup with my makeup brush! It's really cute. She also has this new thing where she points to people and says their gender- she sounds especially excited when she sees a boy- "Boy!" and she'll keep saying it until you acknowledge it. It's adorable.

She warmed up pretty quickly- I think it helps that we were on her "turf". Here we are snuggling and watching the Lakers:
Here she is with Daddy and Uncle Justin:
It was funny all weekend Graham and Marie kept saying "Uncle Justin" and "Aunt Rachael" trying to get her to say our names. I think we might have two of the hardest names there are to say- especially "Rachael". Marie and I were sitting at the table while Audrey was eating a snack and we were trying to get her to say Uncle Justin and Aunt Rachael and Marie was saying that she said "Abby" (Justin's sister's name) when they were home for cousin Ren's wedding and all of a sudden Audrey (who is always listening!) says "Abby!" What a punk. :)

It was great to see them- I wish we were all going to be together in July! I actually had a dream last night that I ran the Bix with Marie! :( I know she wishes she could run it, and I do too since I'll probably have to run alone. :( I'm not going to force Justin to run with me this year! He'll run it on his own too. It'll be ok- I'm running a 15K on July 4th weekend with JoAnn so I should be set to go for the Bix.

So now I'm enjoying NOT working over the summer! Although I did teach a couple of private lessons yesterday, but I didn't have to go in until 2:00! I actually got up and ran 5 miles with JoAnn at 7:00 this morning, so I'm not being too lazy but now it is 10:30 and I'm still in my bath robe....I should probably go run some errands and clean up the house a bit! Especially since Justin left for his office (aka Starbucks) at 9:30! This is the life- I love summer!! 27 days until Iowa!!

I'll leave you with a video of Audrey. I started saying "Oooh!" when she put on my sunglasses and she eventually started copying me so I caught it on video- so cute!

1 comment:

cbrummer said...

LOVE your blog - Audrey is such a girl - so were you! Love you - can't wait to have you home. Glad you got to spend time with Graham and Marie and Audrey.