Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Time!

One more day of school before summer vacay! I had a momentary lapse in judgment and considered working over the summer- I have to say I am a bit relieved that didn't pan out. I would rather pinch pennies than work this summer! I will be teaching privately a bit, so that will be some good extra income, but just one day per week. The rest of the time is for summer fun!

This weekend we are flying out to Denver to see Graham, Marie and Audrey. They won't be back in July when we go home so we decided to take a quick trip to see them rather than going a whole YEAR without! I'm really looking forward to getting out of town and seeing some family- especially Audrey who is going to be 2 in just a few months! Time is FLYING.

So maybe I'll be a better blogger this summer? Who knows. If life gets more blog worthy? I don't know what has ever constituted "blog-worthy" in my haphazard blogging career, but I guess I just know it when I see it. I'm not feeling it today really, but a certain sister-in-law of mine who is AWESOME at updating her blog has NOT updated in almost two weeks. I find myself grumbling about the lack of updates while simultaneously aware of the ironic nature of my grumbles. So I am forced to update my blog. Nice work, Megan. Seriously, did my mom put you up to this? :)

Speaking of my mom, I miss her! I am so lucky to have such an awesome mom. I miss my whole family- Brummers AND Clarks. I have a niece I haven't even met yet! Gracie! I'm tired of California and I can't wait to visit Iowa in July! One of the most annoying things about California lately is "June Gloom". It's been 60's and overcast until 3:00 in the afternoon every day this week. I'm over it. Nothing makes me grouchier than knowing that it's hotter in Iowa than it is in California. If its not at least going to get hot here, then what good is it???!! California Shmalifornia. Overrated.

Some of the things I'm looking forward to during our Iowa visit:
1. Family (obviously) I can't wait to seem my niece and nephews especially!
2. Summer weather- hot hot hot!
3. Thunderstorms!
4. Brueggers!
5. Bix! I am 95% certain I'm going to run it. I'm planning on running a 15K with JoAnnJuly 4th weekend, so I should be more than ready for the Bix.
6. Grilling out at my parents house- get ready to feed me dad!
7. Air conditioning!
8. Miniature golf with the Clarks!
9. Downtown Iowa City!
10. Family Family Family!

Alright, that's all I've got for now. I'm super tired so this post is kind of fragmented but hey, something is better than nothing. (Right mom?)

1 comment:

cbrummer said...

FABULOUS Blog honey - Keep it up!!! I miss you tons - can't wait till you two are home. Ask Justin if he wants me to start regularly perusing philosophy openings in colleges around here........only half kidding! Love you