Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Sunday Blues

I can't help it. I know I just had 4 days off, and Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away and Christmas break is exactly 35 days away. But I can't help it- I've got the Sunday Blues. I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

Yes, I like my job.
Yes, I am grateful that I HAVE a job.
Yes, I need money.
Yes, I just had 4 days off.

It's not rational, right? I may be the queen of irrational!

Case in point:
The weather here has been driving me bonkers lately. I literally groan about the fact that the sky is so blue that it hurts my eyes. I have to spend my entire run squinting because it is SO sunny. I'm over it! I want clouds! I want snow! I'm O-V-E-R it! It's November for heaven's sake- this Iowa girl wants WINTER!!!

Told you- irrational. My California friends roll their eyes when I complain about the weather. I don't blame them- it's ridiculous. I can't help it- the feeling that is- but I can try not to complain. :)

So Thanksgiving is coming up and we are planning to spend it with our California family (the Folmars!) down in the OC. Last year we went down with them and had a lot of fun. Marissa was 4 months pregnant then, and now we have the wonderful Sydney Allison (aka Cupcake) to entertain us. Looking forward to getting away- even thought it will likely be sunny and even warmer than Santa Barbara.

35 days until Iowa.

1 comment:

cbrummer said...

Hey - I TOTALLY understand both the need to NOT report to work on a Monday AND the missing of the winter season - I felt the same way the winter we spend in CA. Miss you miss you miss you - can't wait till Christmas!!!!!