Sunday, November 16, 2008

SLOOOOWWWW DOWN

It's funny that my last post - 12 days ago- was about being so busy. That night I woke up in pain at 11:00 and was sick all through the night. When I still couldn't keep any food down or relax at ALL because of the pain the next morning, I decided to head to urgent care to get some advice. Their advice was to go to the emergency room! I ended up having surgery that evening (an appendectomy) and staying the night in the hospital! Nothing slows you down like having surgery!

I am so thankful for my wonderful family and friends! Justin was awesome- he was with me the whole time and missed a lot of school and work time (between Thursday and Friday) but he did a great job of taking care of me. Then my mom flew out on Saturday to help out- mainly to keep me company while I was resting and recovering. It was amazing to see her- I feel so blessed to have such an awesome mom that would fly across the country to be with her daughter after having her appendix out! Trust me- I know I'm BLESSED beyond my wildest dreams!

I also had amazing friends here in Santa Barbara that came and visited me in the hospital, brought us dinner, sent us flowers, books, and movies and blessed us with their prayers. Justin and I are so thankful that we have that kind of support so far from home.

Anyways, I finally got to go back to work on Thursday and I would say I am 85% at this point- still sore and I have to take it a bit slower than usual but I can tell that every day is better. I'm just thankful that they figured out what is was and took it out before it became more serious.

So, that's why I haven't blogged much lately- I've sort of been out of commission and then trying to catch back up with life- which incidentally does NOT stop just because you have surgery. We had a crazy busy weekend that I'll blog about soon...

No comments: