Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maybe Clumsy IS the Word?!

As you can see by my picture, I'm a big fan of the SUPER Big Gulp. I'm a fan of drinking SUPER Big Gulps filled with Diet Cherry Coke. What I'm not a fan of is sitting in a puddle of enough Diet Cherry Coke to fill a SUPER Big Gulp. That's what happened yesterday when I was trying to get into the car with my oversized beverage. Maybe clumsy IS the word for me?! I literally had to swim out of my car- I had Diet Cherry Coke-soaked undies. Diet Cherry Coke was running down my bare legs (I was wearing shorts). It wasn't pretty. But surprisingly I found it to be pretty funny, especially since it happened in front of two UCSB Housing Maintenance Workers. Hi there fellas! Nothing to see here! Just 79 cents down the drain. Or, down my pants and soaked into my car seat that is.

Speaking of things that make my life better (the Super Big Gulp, not spilling) I've had the pleasure of lovely company the last two days in a row! Yesterday I went for a walk with the Demmin girls out on the bluffs that they call "More Mesa". Lovely view as long as you don't venture onto the beach....apparently that's where the nudists hang out. Yikes. Then got to enjoy some delicious vegetarian lasagna that Stacy had made- yum! Jane is so cute with her baby dolls- she hugs them and rocks back and forth like she's rocking them and makes this cute little cooing noise like- "awww"- it's adorable!

Today I went downtown with the Folmar girls and hung out with Sydney while Marissa cleaned some things out of her classroom (she's taking a leave of absence this year to stay home with Sydney!) Then we went downtown to eat lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe- Yum- where I promptly sat down in a puddle of balsamic dressing (did I mention I'm wearing a white sundress today??) What is WITH me sitting in puddles? Luckily we had a baby with us which naturally meant we had baby wipes- this was a mess that would have had the Tide-to-go pen trembling in fear. It looked like I sat in poo. Lovely. Luckily the wipes worked like magic and I was able to finish the afternoon without further embarrassment! :)

It's great to have friends! I am thankful!

No comments: