Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to Blogging

I know. I didn't blog about going home. I just couldn't bring myself to do it! I'm not sure why- I posted pictures of my cutie niece and nephews on facebook. I just felt so sad about leaving Iowa that I didn't feel like re-capping the whole event on my blog- its all just too depressing. The minute I walked into our apartment it hit me like a ton of bricks- I am not going to see my family until Christmas. Ugh.

So I choose to ignore it. Instead I will blog about some very random but funny/interesting (to me) stuff. But, if it isn't clear, I had a wonderful time at home. Too wonderful. I love my family- Brummers, Clarks and Gripps alike. Miss you guys.

So on to the blogging. My birthday and anniversary were awesome. Justin got me a facial and a massage for my birthday- sooo relaxing. Then we had a party at a wine bar in Carpinteria on Saturday with a bunch of friends. Turning 30 was not half-bad!

For our anniversary we went to dinner and a movie. For our anniversary PRESENT we finally broke down and bought ourselves a flatscreen TV! When I told the guy at Best Buy that our current TV was 8 years old his response was "Well then anything would be an upgrade!" True.
Mom requested a picture:

We also got some new shelves- inspired by Aaron and Megan! Justin did the hanging/placing of the shelves. I think they look pretty good! Again, mom requested photos:



On a more random note...I saw this sign at a laundromat today and thought the unneccesary quotation marks were pretty funny:

On a completely un-related note: I want to share something that has made my life dramatically better. I stumbled across this find when I was on a side-trip down the cookie aisle, my temptation about to get the better of me. Luckily, these babies jumped out at me and life hasn't been the same (or any fatter) since:
Seriously. Do not go another day without purchasing these bad boys. You will thank me, I promise.

So, I've got some other randomness to talk about but I'm thinking I'll save it for another day. I'm hoping it won't be quite so long between posts...I'll try and do better. :)

1 comment:

cbrummer said...

Thanks for the pics - they all look GREAT! love you