Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Believe it or not, I think I'd prefer SNOW!

I thought orange would be a good color since I will be referencing the wildfires! I'm sure everyone has heard about the wildfires in CA. The closest one's to Santa Barbara are only 30 miles away, but we're not really in any danger. The problem here (which, I know, pale's in comparison to the horrible tragedy of the fires) is the the ASH!! The Santa Ana winds are stirring up the ash in the mountains and Santa Barbara is covered in it. It's wreaking havoc on my respiratory system, and just in case you think I'm being dramatic, I took a few pictures of what it looks like....



Since it is also unseasonably warm, we of course have the windows open (being that we don't have air conditioning). Which means, as you can see below, ash EVERYWHERE- from the windowsills to the floors.



So, really, I would prefer snow. It's pretty and white and it doesn't muck up your windowsills and floors like the nasty black soot. Since ash is basically raining from the sky, does that qualify it as precipitation? And if so, am I a precipitation racist because I prefer white snow to black ash???!!

No comments: