Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm from Iowa City too!!

We went to our first live show in Santa Barbara last night. Our neighbors Mike and Shayna invited us to go and hear Jason Reeves- apparently he's from Iowa... Iowa City in fact. I thought it was rather strange that I had never heard of him and was now being invited by my neighbors in Santa Barbara to go and see him at SOHO (a club downtown). So we accepted the invite and went to hear him last night. Below is a rough video that I took:



So, after he played he was signing autographs so I decided to go and find out if he was REALLY from Iowa City (I'm very possessive of my hometown, just ask my brother-in-law Kyle- he and I always argue about whose hometown is better.....and I always win!) So I waited to speak to Jason and his handler looks up at me and goes "Did you want to buy a cd?" and I said "um, no, I just wanted to say 'hi' to Jason because I'm from Iowa City too!" Jason did a bit of a double-take and was like "no way!". So I asked him what highschool he attended and he said "City High" and I said "Really? I was class of '99" and he said "Class of '03"..... dang, I'm old!!! I'm kind of surprised they let a granny like me in the club! So I asked if he knew my brother and he did, and then I told him it was a great show and wished him luck.


So today I called up my brother to do a little "fact checking". My brother tells me that not only does he know Jason, but our MOM gave him a few VOICE LESSONS!! It's a small world after all. The kid has been in my HOUSE for crying out loud. And I paid 7 bucks to hear him play....

3 comments:

emily said...

WHAT?!?!!!?! seriously. I'm jealous! And yeah...I feel old too!! how fun!!!!

Aaron said...

yes, Jason and I were comrades of sorts in highschool... I judged him (and turned him down) for City's Band Show Sophmore year... he got in Junior and Senior though (I Judged it every year) He's pretty good... I played his music for you a loooong time ago... Can't believe you don't remember EVERY moment we spend together. Next time you see him tell him I say hi. (If you ever see him again)

Anonymous said...

Good words.